Our client, a primary school in Stepney Green London require a Junior Finance Officer / Finance Assistant with excellent administration skills to help ease the workload in the School Finance Office. Ideally you will have experience of working with RM however, any similar school finance system experience would be advantageous. You must also have previous Accounts Payable experience and experience of working in a school setting.
You will be expected to assist the Finance Office with the following duties:-
* Assisting with Accounts Payable
* Process orders and invoices
* Validate invoice for correct authorisation, tally with orders, prices charged and VAT etc.
* Code invoices to correct supplier and ledger codes
* Input details to finance system including invoice number, value, VAT etc.
* Ensure invoices are in payment processing in timely fashion
* Assist finance officer with cheque processing
* Check supplier invoices to statements and any overdue payment correspondence
* Obtain copy invoices where necessary
* Queries from suppliers
* Maintain database - suppliers etc
* Act as contact point for parents for payment of trips and transportation (i.e. credit control)
* Maintain spreadsheets for trips and transportation costs and recharges
This is an excellent position in a well loved school who are looking for the right candidate to compliment the team.
This role will be subject to Full Vetting including references and will require an in date, clean Enhanced DBS certificate.
Please contact us for further details and information on this position